The venue for the Adelaide Potters’ Club is the lovely Unley Council Cottage at 84 Edmund Avenue. The cottage encompasses a spacious Gallery with a workshop and kiln room at the back. The club also has a well used raku kiln.The facilities are available for members to use at any time.
The Gallery is open to the public from 12 midday to 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Special exhibitions are also held during the year. Please note that the Gallery is closed over Christmas from the middle of December to the middle of January and also over Easter.
Adult pottery classes are held three evenings a week from February. Children’s classes have recently been introduced on weekends and holidays and are very popular.
The Adelaide Potters’ Club is the oldest pottery club in the country. It was started in 1949 by a group of women who volunteered for Red Cross. They named themselves The Adelaide Potters’ Club after Queen Adelaide, as the club was founded on her birthday anniversary, August 13, 1949.